Aston Villa forward Jonathan Kodjia is out for up to three weeks after fracturing his cheekbone in training.
James Chester and Matt Targett remain out, while winger Trezeguet is suspended as a result of his red card against Crystal Palace.
West Ham have no fresh injuries.
Michail Antonio has had surgery on a hamstring problem suffered during the Carabao Cup win at Newport and is expected to miss the remainder of the calendar year.
VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Aston Villa head coach Dean Smith on his players: “They’re itching for that next game. There’s a burning desire from them to right the wrongs. I can sense that.
“The international break has given us an opportunity. For instance, we’ve been able to work a lot on our breakthrough opportunities as all of our forward players have been here.”
West Ham United manager Manuel Pellegrini: “Last season we lost against the teams around us. Now we will see as Aston Villa has a good team and a difficult stadium but we will go there and try to win.
“They have a lot of attacking players and a manager who wants to play in an attacking style but they must adapt.”
This one will be close, but I am going to go with Villa to make their home advantage count.
- Aston Villa have lost just two of their last 18 home league games against West Ham (W8, D8).
- West Ham are looking to secure back-to-back league wins against Villa for the first time since January 2006.
- Villa have lost 15 of their past 17 Premier League matches, with their solitary win coming against Everton in their most recent home fixture.
- They have won seven of their last nine home games in all competitions (W7, L2).
- Dean Smith’s side have only kept one clean sheet in their last 10 matches in all competitions.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 16 Monday Premier League matches (D5, L10).
- Opposition teams have scored 23 goals in the last nine Premier League games at Villa Park.
West Ham United
- West Ham have made their best league start since 2012-13, when they also had seven points from four games.
- They have won five of their last seven league matches (D1, L1).
- Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini has won five of his past six matches against Villa, drawing the other.
- They are unbeaten in four away matches (W3, D1), having previously taken one point from eight fixtures on the road.
- Sebastien Haller has scored three goals in three Premier League games.
A 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death on a street in central London, has been named as Josiph Beker.
The teenager, also known as Yousef, was with friends outside a KFC on Edgware Road when a fight broke out between two groups on Tuesday, police said.
He was stabbed during the confrontation and died in hospital later.
Police said they were keeping an “open mind concerning motive” and urged any witnesses to come forward. No arrests have been made.
A post-mortem examination concluded Josiph died from a stab wound to the chest.
Det Ch Insp Andy Partridge said: “Lots of people were in the area at the time and may well have seen what unfolded.
“We need them to do the right thing and get in touch with what they saw along with any images or moving footage captured before, during or after the attack.”
|Betfred Super League|
|Venue: Belle Vue Date: Friday, 13 September Kick-off: 19:45 BST Coverage: BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, BBC local radio; live scores on the BBC Sport website|
Wakefield Trinity host London Broncos in Friday night’s crunch Super League relegation clash at Belle Vue.
If Broncos lose, they will return to the Championship, just 11 months after returning to the top flight.
But if they beat Wakefield for the third time this season, then Trinity could go down if both Huddersfield and Hull KR win – but even then their better points difference may save them.
Centre Ryan Atkins comes in for Trinity against an unchanged Broncos squad.
The on-loan Warrington and England centre makes his second Wakefield debut, 13 years on from his first, replacing Anthony England (hamstring).
Broncos boss Danny Ward has the luxury of naming an unchanged 19 as his team go in search of a trinity of wins over Trinity in 2019.
They marked their return to Super League back in February with a 42-24 victory over Wakefield in Ealing.
The Broncos then won 42-34 at home in May, with winger Jordan Abdull scoring a joint Super League season’s best four tries.
Wakefield (from): Arundel, Atkins, Brough, Crowther, Escare, Green, Gwaze, Hampshire, Jones-Bishop, Kershaw, King, Kirmond, Kopczak, Lyne, Miller, Randell, Tangata, Tanginoa, Wood.
London Broncos (from): Abdull, Armitage, Battye, Butler, Cunningham, Dixon, Fozard, Gee, Hindmarsh, Kear, Krasniqi, Lamb, Lovell, Mason, Morgan, Pitts, Walker, Williams, Yates.
Many families have lost their homes after a huge fire destroyed a block of flats in south-west London.
Flames quickly spread to all four floors of the building in Sherbrooke Way, Worcester Park, after fire crews were called just before 01:30 BST.
Some 125 firefighters and 20 fire engines tackled the blaze, which took five hours to get under control.
No injuries were reported but London Fire Brigade (LFB) said crews would remain there throughout the day.
Dean Fowler, who lives with his family on the top floor of the building, said he was woken in the night by someone banging on his door.
“I then heard someone screaming ‘there’s a fire, get out’, and I just got my boys and went,” he said.
He said he had only been living in the building for three weeks and had lost “everything” in the blaze, but added: “we’re alive, we’re breathing, that’s all that matters”.
Lauren Woods and Jack Edwards escaped from the top floor with their two six-month-old daughters Mia and Grace.
Louise Anns, Ms Woods’ friend and colleague, said the family had been left “devastated” having had to abandon their two cats, while their car was expected to be written off due to flooding in the building’s basement.
“Everything they have is in that flat, and it’s gone,” said Ms Anns, who has set up an online donation page to raise funds to help them.
The building is made up of 23 flats and based in The Hamptons estate, an American-style complex made up of social and private housing which was built on a former sewage treatment works.
Residents from the block and a nearby building were taken to a nearby community centre and a collection is being organised for the affected families.
One of those, Darren Nicholson, said he woke up to the sound of “crackling” and when he opened the curtains he “saw the flames and got myself and the family out”.
He said fire alarms were going off in the community areas but not in his own flat and he believed the blaze began “on the balconies”.
You may also be interested in:
At the scene
Greg McKenzie, BBC Radio London correspondent
What was once a four-storey building is now just a shell.
You can hear the block falling apart and black and white smoke continues to billow from it.
The closest building, which has also been evacuated, is quite far away so it is not possible that the fire could spread.
However, the thick smoke is going into these houses and covering the entire block.
Residents from other parts of the estate have been bringing bags of clothing and bedding to the community centre to donate to those people who have lost everything.
Fire investigators have begun work to look into “all aspects of the this fire”, LFB said.
LFB Group Manager Rick Ogden said fire crews had faced “a well developed and intense fire” which had engulfed all four floors of the building.
“We would urge people to avoid the area if possible and for residents in the immediate area to keep their windows and doors closed,” he said.
Metropolitan Thames Valley, the housing association which manages properties in the block, said it was “supporting emergency services on the ground and our priority is ensuring that residents are safe.”
Sutton Council said it had officers on the site who were “supporting anybody that needs help”.
Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us in the following ways:
A 14-year-old boy accused of a stabbing murder has been remanded to a secure unit.
The teenager, from Barking, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday morning over the killing of Santino Angelo Dymiter, from Plaistow.
Eighteen-year-old Mr Dymiter was found injured on the afternoon of 26 August by emergency services at Chadd Green, east London.
The judge remanded the 14-year-old to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is also accused of having a knife in a public place.
A door on a passenger train was open for 23 minutes while the vehicle travelled at 80mph (128km/h).
A passenger reported it to the driver at Hockley station, in Essex, at 07:20 BST on the Liverpool Street to Southend line on 22 August, the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) said.
The train travelled in traffic for 16 miles (26km) with the door open.
Train operator Greater Anglia said the carriage had immediately been taken out of service.
The RAIB has conducted an investigation and will release a “safety digest” at a later date.
Martin Moran, Greater Anglia commercial and customer service director, said: “Safety is our highest priority.
“We immediately took the train out of service when this happened and carried out our own investigation into the incident.
“We have also carried out checks on every single door on that type of train that we have.
“No-one was injured in this incident and there have been no further incidents since.”
A witness who was not on the train, who wished to remain anonymous, said he had seen Greater Anglia staff shouting and a technician working on the door.
He said: “All of a sudden there was a technician there looking at the door at the side. It must have been loose because they were able to slide it back.”
You may also be interested in:
Derek Monnery, chairman of the Essex Rail Users Federation, said it was an unusual incident and it may have been down to recent refurbishment work on Greater Anglia’s rolling stock.
He said: “It could be a dangerous situation if the train is crowded and a lot of people are standing there, which fortunately it doesn’t sound like it was in this case.
“It should never have happened.”
Greater Anglia confirmed the carriage was one of those which had been refurbished but said it was unable to say if this had been a factor in the incident until its investigation had been completed.
The operator has unveiled a £1.4bn plan to replace its trains.
Paul Stirling has committed his future to Ireland and will leave Middlesex at the end of this season.
Stirling has signed a new contract with Cricket Ireland and will depart Middlesex after 10 years with the English county side.
The 29-year-old has played almost 200 games and scored more than 6,000 runs for the club.
“It’s been a real privilege to represent Middlesex Cricket over the last decade,” Stirling said.
“It has been an unforgettable journey for many reasons. Winning the Championship in 2016 was undoubtedly the highlight on the field, while also receiving my county cap will be something I will cherish for a very long time.”
He added: “I am looking forward to the next chapter with Ireland. With a busy year in 2020 and the T20 World Cup Qualifier coming up, it is an exciting time to be a part of.”
The draw for next month’s T20 World Cup Qualifier was made on Tuesday, with Ireland placed in a group with United Arab Emirates, Oman, Hong Kong, Canada, Jersey and Nigeria.
The tournament, which will be played between 18 October and 2 November in the UAE, will see six of the 14 competing teams progress to the T20 World Cup in Australia next year.
Two groups of seven teams will compete in a round robin with the top team in each group automatically qualifying for the World Cup.
Teams finishing second to fourth in each group will enter a play-off series to determine the final four qualifying teams.
Some flights to and from the UK are facing delays and cancellations due to problems affecting French airspace.
British Airways said an air traffic control “outage” had hit flights going through French and Spanish airspace.
EasyJet said it was experiencing disruption due to a “partial failure of French air traffic control systems”.
Paris Airport tweeted that a “national computer failure related to the centralisation of flight plans” on Sunday morning was now resolved.
But it warned that delays were still expected.
National Air Traffic Services (NATS) said it does not know how many flights have been affected but it is working with airlines in the UK to try to minimise disruption.
Gatwick Airport said passengers should check with airlines on the status of their flights before heading to the airport.
EasyJet said it has been forced to cancel 180 flights out of just under 2,000 scheduled to take off on Sunday.
Affected passengers were contacted directly and given the option of transferring their flight for free or receiving a refund, it said.
The airline added it was seeing significant delays and recommended all its passengers, regardless of their destination, check the status of their flight at www.easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker for real time information before going to the airport.
British Airways also urged customers to check the status of their flights online and said it expects disruption to services to France and Spain, as well as those which fly over these countries on the way to other destinations.
Some passengers told the BBC their British Airways flights had been cancelled.
The airline said it would not release any cancellation figures but added any affected customers had been notified directly.
It said it would offer flexible rebooking options for anyone who wants to change their dates of travel as a result of the disruption.
Ryanair advised customers on its website there had been a “serious French ATC [air traffic control] equipment failure” early on Sunday morning.
It said delays of “up to three hours are being suffered”.
Travel expert Simon Calder said: “France is absolutely at the heart of European air traffic control – some 60% of all EasyJet flights to anywhere go over French territory.
“This appears to be some kind of malfunction which has greatly reduced the flow rate [of flights] so there’s reports of pilots in Lisbon, for example, trying to get to the UK telling passengers we could be five hours late.”
He said affected passengers will not be eligible for compensation, explaining: “It’s not the airlines’ fault.”
But he said the airlines have a strict duty of care, which means they must provide meals and if necessary accommodation to passengers.
He added: “They also have to rebook you on the first available flight, ideally on the same day, even if it means paying money to a rival to get you home.”
The disruption is having a wider knock-on effect in the UK, with some flights from Scotland to England cancelled.
Richard Martin was due to fly from Edinburgh to London Stansted when EasyJet texted to say his flight had been cancelled.
“We are booked on another flight tomorrow but I’m due to be back at work,” he said.
“The queues at the airport and everything are crazy and we’ve had some family members say something similar has also happened to them.”
Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us in the following ways:
Strike action has resumed on South Western Railway (SWR) as part of a long-running dispute over train guards.
SWR is cancelling 800 trains a day until the end of Monday – about half its services – following the walkout by National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers (RMT) members.
The union accused SWR of “rowing back on their public pledges” about the future function of guards.
The operator said it was “committed to finding a solution” to the dispute.
SWR, which runs services between London and Bristol, Exeter, Portsmouth, Reading and Weymouth, has been in dispute with the RMT since November 2017.
The union said its members were “rock solid and united” in supporting the action.
Travellers took to social media to complain about delays and crowded trains on the first morning of the strike.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said members had no choice but to continue the action because of the company’s “unremitting failure” to rule out driver-only operation.
“They are angry and frustrated that SWR have kicked talks into the long grass and failed to bolt down an agreement that will guarantee the role of the guard on the train,” he said.
“Our members believe that they are being mugged off by the company in protracted talks.”
SWR said: “The RMT has always said it wanted us to keep the guard on every train which is what we have offered as part of a framework agreement.
“We want to move the conversation on to how we operate our new trains and take advantage of the new technology on board to benefit our customers.”
By Paul Clifton, BBC South transport correspondent
Over the next four days, a few hundred guards will disrupt services that carry more than 100,000 passengers a day.
If you think you’ve heard it all before – yes, you have, on the 34 previous strike days. Since the first strike back in November 2017, almost nothing has changed.
The company says it will have a guard on every train – including on 750 new carriages that have yet to be built, which will be technically capable of “driver-controlled operation” without a guard.
But the two sides cannot agree about exactly what the guard’s specific duties would be on the new trains.
Two years into this troubled franchise, for passengers things are still not getting better.
The annual Bournemouth Air Festival – which began on Thursday and attracts up to one million people – is one of the weekend events that could be affected by the strike.
Spokeswoman Grace Loveless said: “Obviously we’d like people to take public transport so it’s a bit of a shame, but we do work closely with South Western Railways and they’ll be committed to helping where they can.”
The union has previously reached agreement with Greater Anglia over the future of guards.